CORONAVIRUS ALERT INFORMATION
At HPI Northwest Surgical Hospital, we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation on a daily basis. We are closely following information and guidance provided by the Oklahoma State Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We are prepared should a case of COVID-19 present at one of our facilities; however, we ask for the public’s help to prevent the spread.
We ask individuals experiencing flu-like symptoms to call your health care provider before physically heading to the hospital, clinics or the
emergency room. If an individual is seriously ill and requires urgent
attention because of significant respiratory symptoms (severe shortness of breath, etc.) or other critical symptoms, then we are happy to provide care at any of our facilities.
NEW VISITATION POLICY
What is the new visitation policy?
• No visitors will be allowed for adult patients.
• One adult visitor will be permitted for pediatrics. This applies to ER, Surgery, Imaging, & Inpatients. This visitor will need to be the same visitor for the entire length of the hospitalization or visit. (All visitors entering the facility will undergo a screen which will include the presence of fever or respiratory illness symptoms (i.e. cough, shortness of breath) within the previous 24 hours. If signs of illness are present, the visitor will not be allowed to enter the facility.)
• People accompanying patients to outpatient procedures/appointments will be asked to wait in their car during the appointment.
• People accompanying patients to the Emergency Room will be asked to wait in their car.
• Visitors under the age of 18 or visitors who are exhibiting signs of illness will not be allowed to enter the facility.
• No visitors will be allowed in isolation rooms.
• Waiting room and common areas, including the cafeteria/deli, have been closed temporarily as we need to limit visitors to our facilities.
• HPI hospital facilities, imaging centers and PT clinics are asking individuals who may be sick themselves, including those experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough or sore throat, to not visit the hospital unless they are seeking emergency medical treatment.
Why is Northwest Surgical Hospital updating the visitation policy?
• The new restrictions on patient visitation at its hospitals are in place to protect patients, their families, and all Northwest Surgical Hospital caregivers.
• These temporary restrictions are being enforced out of an abundance of caution, and to mitigate the potential transmission of the COVID-19 illness or influenza.
• Northwest Surgical Hospital is following guidelines and best practices issued by the Centers for Disease Control.
• This is a temporary inconvenience, but we have implemented this policy in the best interests of our patients, caregivers, and the community.