Things to Remember Before Your Surgery
- You should have nothing to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to surgery including gum, mints, or smokeless tobacco.
- Please bring a current list of all medications, including dosages, and/or medications in the bottles to the hospital the day of your surgery.
- Do not bring any valuables to the hospital with you.
- Please remember to bring your drivers license and insurance cards. If you have any important documents such as advance directive, power of attorney, or guardianship documents, please bring them with you to the hospital.
- You should take a bath or shower the morning of surgery using an antibacterial soap.
- You may brush your teeth, but do not swallow any water.
- You should wear comfortable clothes the day of surgery.
- You will need a responsible driver (Over the age of 18) to drop you off and pick you up. We prefer your driver to stay at the hospital during your procedure.
- If you have sleep apnea, bring your CPAP machine to the hospital with you.
- If you are spending the night, you will not be in your patient room until after your surgery. Please leave your belongings in the car or with family members.
- Morning medications for high blood pressure/heart disease, respiratory or seizure disorder should be taken the morning of surgery with a small sip of water. Consult your physician regarding any other daily meds (insulin, blood thinners, ect.) to take or stop prior to surgery.
- On the day of surgery please park at the NORTH SIDE of the hospital, and check in at the reception desk on the FIRST FLOOR.
- Please arrive at least two hours ahead of your scheduled surgery time.
For any questions or to set-up your pre-admission appointment, please call 405-848-1918.
We thank you very much for choosing Northwest Surgical Hospital.